Can you imagine not having to worry about a boss looking over your shoulder? Can you imagine not sitting at a desk for someone else from 9am to 5pm everyday? In less than five years, work will no longer mean being attached to a chain to your desk, in an office that someone else runs.
Coworking has become a huge success over the last few years. This coworking trend is so powerful, that we don’t anticipate it to going away. More and more people are realizing that they can start a business working for themselves.
- By the year 2020, over half of the “full-time workers” in the US will be freelance
- Coworking spaces have sprouted up all across the United States to cater to the newest generation of business-minded people
What are some perks of utilizing a coworking space?
- The operator provides flexible terms. This allows renters to move in and out, upgrade or downgrade their rental agreement with short notice.
- The operator designs community building programs and events to help create strong business networks among their renters.
- The operator can provide mentors for budding entrepreneurs to help with development, ideas and possibly even investment options.
The coworking movement is growing rapidly and lots of spaces are adjusting to the demand. Corporations are even beginning to adopt coworking concepts into their own offices. Let’s take a look at how the coworking movement has been expanding.
There have been several coworking space providers that are expanding into multiple locations to accommodate people in different areas. This includes different locations in and around the same city and state as well as nationally and internationally.
Coworking space providers are beginning to expand their current spaces to be able to generate more event based revenue as well as larger clients. Obtaining these larger spaces also enables these coworking space providers to have more effective negotiations with building owners.
Corporations and coworking space providers are beginning to partner on certain programs and space initiatives. Entire teams and functions are being moved into coworking office spaces to collaborate with business start-ups. Corporations are even bringing coworking operators into their offices to use and manage spaces that are not being used.
Specific Niche Communities
Coworking space providers will often target specific sectors or professionals in an effort to build a stronger community. This helps create loyalty among their renters and fosters partnerships among tenants. Training programs and mentoring services help these groups grow their businesses through teamwork and collaboration.
This is a fast growing industry of like-minded people aiming to succeed in the business world. Should you have any additional questions on coworking space or any other topic on this subject, please contact IgniteHQ.