Community Engagement Intern – Summer 2018
IgniteHQ is seeking an intern to assist our team with marketing initiatives, events. and managing our community space. We are looking for students who love to engage with others and have a desire to work hard and learn.
The intern will take an active role in maintaining the space and providing the best possible experience for our members and guests. The ideal candidate must be friendly and approachable and have a willingness to help in the day-to-day management of the IgniteHQ community.
- Marketing: assisting with social media and outreach projects.
- Event Management: assisting with program and events logistics
- Community Engagement: Welcome guests and members, give tours, manage community members’ requests and concerns.
- Making sure our community is taken care of. This includes tasks such as inventory of snacks and creating fun Spotify playlists.
- Mail and phone services
- Take up other duties as assigned (scheduling, data tracking, etc.)
- Interns should be available for 15-30 hours, Monday – Friday. Hours will vary depending on event schedules
- Self motivated with attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Previous social media and/or customer service experience is a plus.
- Must have your own means of transportation as IgniteHQ is located off the Marietta Square
- Gain valuable skills in operations, social media, marketing, event planning, business management, and leadership*
- Exposure to a variety of cool start-ups and small businesses
- Be a part of the startup ecosystem that exists in Atlanta and surrounding areas
- This is a PAID internship, but course credit is also available!
Please email a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application Deadline is April 23, 2018
*This role can grow and change depending on the intern’s interests
IgniteHQ is an ecosystem of investors and entrepreneurs working together to locate, build and scale innovative solutions. Through its unique funding, academic, and industry partnerships, IgniteHQ is the next generation startup community.